Social Media: Social Selling
Previously, in the most recent article of this series titled, Social Media: Give it a Boost!, we covered ways that any novice or hardened marketer for that matter can really boost their social media efforts. Specifically, links to your social media needs to be included in everything you do from email marketing to blogging as well as integrating it into your SEO.
While having all those tools there to promote and urge people to follow or like you, your brand and your products and/or services are great, you also need to start the sales process by leveraging your growing social media presence. In other words, since we are all in the business to do business, what is business without sales driving it?
That is where Social Selling comes into play!
What Is Social Selling?
Social Selling is simply all about leveraging your professional online brand to fill your sales pipeline with highly-qualified leads, giving you insight and building relationships (i.e. Public Image). It is a tool that salespeople and marketers use to add context to a conversation by tapping into the information that social media offers. By using this information, you can use it to intelligently engage prospects in a way that catches their attention and grabs their interest.
There are 5 steps to mastering Social Selling:
- Professional Branding – Establishing a professional presence on LinkedIn with a complete profile that showcases your experience is a great place to start and it also increases your credibility. In fact, this was recently discussed in 25 Tools to Increase Website Traffic #11 – Leveraging LinkedIn.
- Finding the Right People – If we are indeed living in the Information Age, then the currency is informative content! Doing your research and using that during the content creation phase of marketing sets you on the right path to start conversations that can lead to more sales.
- Build Strong Relationships – Find your cheerleaders and social media influencers by making connections and developing relationships with them. These people will help you with sharing information and driving referrals to you. This was also previously discussed in some detail in the article SEO Bootcamp #19 – Find Your Social Media Influencers.
- Engage with Intelligence – Following social media conversations, looking for leads and providing meaningful information will lead to more opportunities to engage and influence contacts as well as make a few new ones.
- Utilize Social Selling Tools – Since we have already mentioned LinkedIn, check out the LinkedIn Sales Navigator to measure what matters and take advantage of an ingenious selling tool.
Be sure to come back for the next article, Social Media: Social Selling Part 2 and please be sure to share with a friend or comment below!