13 Scary Marketing Facts
Let’s face it, marketing is scary for the uninitiated and the ill-informed; but it doesn’t have to be with the right information. Granted it is nothing like going up against ghosts, ghouls, goblins or the walking dead, so you can put down your favorite anti-zombie weapons and check out these frightening facts!
First and foremost, the objective here is to take lousy, disruptive and dead marketing techniques and nip them in the bud. The kind of marketing that just inexorably plods along, sapping the life out of your budget with the ravenous vigor of the brain-eating evil dead. Whether you are a marketer or the owner or someone in between, use these spooky stats to scare your decision-makers into creating content that your potential clients and customers alike that they will actually want to consume!
- In 2012, there were six times as many display ads than there were total web pages! That’s an average of over 2,500 ads per Internet user! (Source: CNN)
- In 1998, the average person saw or heard one million advertisements… nearly 3,000 per day. That was well before Facebook, Twitter and MySpace! (Source: Fast Company)
- An average of 63% of all consumers need to hear or see a company’s claims three to five times before they will ever believe it. (Source: Trust Barometer)
- A high-impact recommendation from a trusted friend is fifty times more likely to trigger a purchase than a recommendation from a complete stranger. (Source: McKinsey Quarterly)
- Almost 75% of online consumers are tired of website content (i.e. ads, offers, sales) that appear to have nothing to do with their interests. (Source: Janrain & Harris Interactive)
- Personalized emails improve click-through rates by as much as 14% and conversion rates by up to 10%. (Source: Aberdeen)
- 62% of adults under the age of 35 are willing to share their location for more relevant content. (Source: Aberdeen)
- In-house marketers that are able to personalize their web experiences and are capable of tracking statistics see an average of a 19% increase in sales. (Sources: Monetate & eConsultancy)
- There are nearly 7 billion people on this planet. 5.1 billion of them own a cell phone, but only 4.2 billion own a toothbrush. (Source: Mobile Marketing Association of Asia)
- Mobile devices now account for over 13% of all web traffic, but account for more than 33% of total time spent consuming media. (Source: comScore)
- More than 52% of U.S. smart-phone owners use their phone for shopping while in a brick-and-mortar store. (Source: comScore)
- E-commerce with mobile capabilities is growing four times faster of traditional retail and now accounts for one out of every ten dollars. (Source: comScore)
- Nearly 30% of U.S. smart-phone owners also own a tablet. (Source: comScore)
Traditional, disruptive advertising is not nearly as effective as it used to be; in fact it already has one foot in the grave.
Existing and future consumers want messages and content tailored to them. Smart marketing is now about delivering the right content and the right message at the right time, on the right device.
River Valley Hosting & Web Design can help you deliver! Contact Us today to get started now!